A lead is a potential customer who has indicated an interest in your company’s products. They are people that have not yet made a purchase but have given reason to believe they may want to in the future.
Lead generation is the process of attracting new leads, nurturing those leads throughout the buying procedure, and eventually converting them into a paying customer.
The three most important elements to effective lead generation are developing excellent content, a powerful landing page, and following through leads efficiently and on time.
Here are our top 6 lead generation techniques
1. Content marketing: This is one of the most important aspects of lead generation. Content should be created with one primary focus in mind i.e. educating the lead and not selling. There are various types of content formats such as images, videos, infographics, case studies, white papers, etc. Remember that content needs to be of high quality, free from errors, professional, and should speak to your target market.
2. Social media: People spend two to three hours per day on Social Media. Social media is a fantastic platform to build brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, reach large audiences, and connect with prospects or customers. Depending on your type of business, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram are the top four channels that are essential for generating leads.
3. Email marketing: Email marketing is a key component of every digital marketing campaign. Collect email addresses from every prospect and keep building your database. Whether you are hosting an event, sending out a new piece of content, or promoting a new product, email should be one of your main forms of communication. Do not spam your leads.
4. Pay-Per-Click Ads: Generate leads through Google Ads. Clicking on a pay-per-click ad directs the visitor to a landing page and subsequently collects the visitor’s information. Pay-per-click ads are extremely effective in generating high-quality leads because they contain keywords relevant to your audience.
5. Display/Banner Adverts: A type of pay-per-click advertising, display ads are shown to people who are interested in your products, visit sites related to your products, and can be used for re-marketing. An example: You visited an e-commerce store and considered purchasing a product. While browsing other websites, you noticed display ads for the same product that you were interested in purchasing.
6. Website: Your website is where the magic happens. Optimise your website for converting visitors into leads. Make use of pop-up forms, pay attention to call-to-actions, and ensure your landing pages are built with precision. Pro tip: Always provide something of value to your potential leads. Either in the form of tips, free trials, or white papers in exchange for their information.
“Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a
product or service.”
– Brian Tracy
Technical Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) refers to the process of optimising your website so that search engines can crawl and index it...
From functionality and appearance to navigation and coding, a lot goes into creating an eye-catching, and user-friendly website. In this...
Email marketing is the most direct and effective way of connecting with your leads, nurturing them, and turning them into customers. As a...
We thrive on helping businesses succeed online
Aiming to rank your website higher on Google? Looking to establish authority in your niche? Want to engage a steady stream of followers on social media? We offer impeccable digital solutions that are customised to your needs. Using a cutting-edge strategy, we deliver services that are guaranteed to exceed your expectations.
Velocity Nine is a digital marketing agency powered by market research, digital technology, and analytics.
Copyright © 2020 Velocity Nine. All rights reserved.
Digital Marketing Solutions
Engage with us on Social Media